We need a contract Finance Manager for a 3 month contract to start ASAP
Reporting to the Head of Financial Services, you will have overall responsibility for the Corporate Finance & Resources team & will manage, lead & motivate the team on a day-to-day basis in order to deliver their services & responsibilities to a high standard.
Title: Finance Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: c??350 per day in scope of IR35
Duration: 3 months poss extension
Location: Gloucestershire, commutable from Bristol, Swindon, Chippenham, Gloucester.
- Recognised CCAB qualification (preferably CIPFA), with substantial & successful post qualification experience, preferably in local government, covering the key financial processes of financial planning, budget preparation, budget monitoring & preparing final accounts.
- Experience of leading, managing & developing a team.
- Problem Solving ability. Good initiative
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills + well organised with excellent time management skills.
- A sound comprehensive knowledge of accounting practices, policies & standards.
- Substantial knowledge & experience of strategic & general management concepts.
About the team
The finance team is responsible for providing a range of strategic advice & operational financial support services to clients departments. It provides comprehensive financial advice & fulfils the statutory obligations of the organisation ensuring compliance with accountancy standards & codes of practice.
The post holder will have 5 members of staff reporting into them.
Supporting the Head of Finance and the Finance Manager the key areas of responsibility are:
- Treasury management - strategy, monitoring, budgeting and reporting
- Capital - budget setting, monitoring, reporting and financing
- Resources - council tax and business rates accounting, monitoring and forecasting; local government finance system budgeting, monitoring and forecasting; housing benefit monitoring and reporting, and administration of West of England City Region Deal business rates pooling arrangement
- Management Accounts.
- Undertaking quarter 2 monitoring and reporting.
- Year End- management of year end process and production of statement of accounts making best use of the financial system Civica
- S106/CIL - administration support to billing and collection
- Provide comprehensive financial services including accounting, budgeting, analysis, monitoring, project support, financial systems, financial administration; & financial advice.
- Provide financial & resource management support at a senior level for a defined set of services by delivering proactive financial & resource management advice & to plan & develop service & business activities in order to achieve corporate & service financial objectives;
- Work with the Head of Financial Services in managing the accounting, budgeting & budgetary control processes for the service, ensuring that professional standards are maintained & that corporate deadlines are met;
- Work with the Head of Financial Services by undertaking key roles in the development & production of the annual budget, Medium Term Financial Plan & Statement of Accounts.
Please call Simon Dunscombe or email (see below) to progress matters
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Employment Business