Chief Operating Officer
5 days left
We are seeking to appoint a COO for a c. £700m revenue, 10,000 FTE division of our client organisation, working closely with central and local government, reporting into the CEO.
The Chief Operating Officer will be the key Operational functional lead, responsible for all operational support. Due to the matrix structure of the business, the role will not only support Managing Directors and Operations teams in the division itself, but will also have a close interface with the central functions (including Transformation and Automation leads).
The role is accountable for delivering robust operational rigour and avoid failure across all contracts. This includes both service delivery and prevention of harm to end users and employees.
What you will be doing:
- Drive cost reduction and efficiency savings across the Division through automating work flows
- Oversee all transformation programmes, leading on business change initiatives
- Own management information (real time), evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Support the CEO to ensure the Division is hitting its KPIs and maintaining a “green dashboard”
- Investigate incidents and working closely with the central Group Audit/Risk function
- Lead all continuous improvement programmes, using innovation to delight customers
- Lead the Division-wide risk and compliance management processes and ensure that the necessary escalations are dealt with proactively
- Lead the Division-wide health and safety initiatives ensuring that all employees are trained appropriately and processes are in place
- Working in tandem with the Group Property team to look for ways to minimize the Division-wide property footprint
- Oversee the IT function and in time, hire an IT Director
- Regular liaison with senior Group counterparts
- Manage a team of six across automation, continuous improvement, health & safety, information security, and risk & compliance
- Be the key Operations representative for the Division and be influencing across all Managing Directors and Group Executive Committee
Apply for Chief Operating Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly