Deputy Director – Permanent Secretariat of the Transport Community
The Transport Community is an international organisation composed of the EU and the Western Balkan parties with the mission of progressively aligning the transport legislation and further integrating the transport networks and markets of South East Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of North Macedonia, Kosovo*, Montenegro and Serbia) into those of the European Union. The Transport Community focuses on projects, networks, interoperability standards, safety, traffic management, social policy, public procurement and environmental issues, spanning all transport modes except air. You will assist the Director in steering the activities of the Permanent Secretariat of the Transport Community.
- To prepare and monitor the budget of the Transport Community
- To oversee the establishment of the Secretariat’s communication and IT policies
- To steer staff recruitment and retention
- A strong track record of managing budgets and human resources.
- Sound knowledge of EU financial management rules
- Experience in working with, or within, the South East European region is an asset.
The Transport Community applies a policy of equal opportunities, non-discrimination and geographical equilibrium.
The closing date for registration is 15 September 2019, 12:00 noon Brussels time.
This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.