A Technical Manager positions is available to an architecturally biased individual with experience of running projects, leading design team, and resolving on-site issues within a well-known UK residential developer in East London.
My client is one of the most recognisable UK residential developers with a strong presence in London and the South East. With a reputation built on landmark developments and high quality design they are continuing to grow and acquire new land for projects. They are an excellent business to work for with wide access to training and development and high standards of best practice.
As the Technical Manager you will be based in East London and work across one or two large, mixed-use schemes. You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the design team from concept through to delivery of detailed design
- Responsibility for technical drawings to be delivered to consultants in line with project timetable ensuring buildability at all stages
- Take a lead role in design team meetings to ensure quality of build is met whilst the project remains commercially viable
- Where relevant support the appointment of external consultants
- Resolve on-site issues as they arise through creative and value engineered solutions
- Liaise with all statutory and building control authorities to ensure compliance throughout the project
As a strong applicant for this Technical Manager position you will:
- Possess a strong design background through experience or architectural training (RIBA qualified)
- Show a proven ability to deliver detailed and technical drawings for mixed-use and/or residential projects
- Have background in running projects and taking a lead role in design team meetings
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships and manage stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate a commercial outlook to ensure value for money on all sides of the project
Only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £60,000 - £70,000 depending on experience plus a benefits package including: car allowance, bonus potential, pension, private medical, and generous holiday allowance.