Programme Manager - Crawley
Programme Manager - Crawley
My client has an exciting and unique opportunity to join their organisation as a Programme Lead and make significant changes to the way General Aviation is regulation within the UK. This is a high-profile role which will be key to delivering the vision for the UK and will require a dedicated and delivery focused individual who is passionate about aviation. The successful candidate will hold excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to develop strong relationships across the organisation up to board level, working with industry specialists, as well as interacting stakeholders that include government bodies and other external organisations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of a large number of interesting and varied projects across the full life cycle and be key in identifying and delivering more strategic changes and improvements.
A strong background in aviation is essential and this would suit someone with flying experience or an aircraft engineering or operations background; a track record of successful delivery is also a necessity.
- Accountable for delivering the Change Programme to change the way the General Aviation sector is regulated in the UK.
- Lead the Managers, colleagues and stakeholders across other capability areas to deliver the Change Programme.
- Planning all aspects of work in accordance with the appropriate project management methodology
- Risk, Issue and Dependency Management
- Benefits identification, ensuring there is a focus on business outcomes
- Engaging, leading, directing and motivating those working on the projects
- Delivery to agreed time, cost and quality measures
- Accountable for establishing an appropriate governance structure to assure the delivery of the Change Programme
Candidate Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Aviation experience, preferably either flying as a private pilot or experience in operating in an aircraft manufacturing or aircraft operational role
- Proven programme/project management and delivery experience, particularly working in a Matrix management environment with a track record of delivering projects on time and to cost.
- Significant proven leadership experience and the skills to influence and work within a diverse team
- Stakeholder management experience - proven experience of operating with tact and diplomacy at the political level and with a diverse group of stakeholders. Strong experience and capability in managing relationships with stakeholders at all levels up to Board level.
- Influencing and negotiation skills of a high order will be important to ensure the right outcomes are achieved with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Planning skills and the ability to create and manage project plans
- Experience in thinking outside the box' with an ability to challenge the status quo
- Exceptional communication skills
- A can-do' attitude, flexible and focused on results and delivery
- Experience in making difficult decisions for the good of a project, programme and/or business even if it goes against the status quo.
- Strong enough to stand ground on key decisions and willing and able to positively challenge stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Formal Project Management qualifications such as Prince 2, APM or Agile.
- Some travel within the UK will be required to meet stakeholders or run workshops related to projects.