Senior Programme Manager, Investment
4 days left
How do we create a financial system fit for a sustainable economy? How in particular can the global investment industry enable the transition to a circular, zero carbon, restorative economy by 2050? In this role you will provide the thought leadership and commercially-grounded solutions necessary to answer this question.
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) empowers leaders to build a sustainable economy. We catalyse market leadership through our business and policy platforms and world-class educational programmes, informed by cross-disciplinary research from the University of Cambridge and beyond.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead the Investment Leaders Group and CISL’s work in the investment sector. The candidate will be motivated by the prospect of building a sustainable financial system and stimulating the investors globally towards playing an active role in delivering the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Working directly with some of the world’s most influential investment institutions, you will work collaboratively with companies, regulators and researchers to enable financial institutions to achieve these Goals.
This is an exciting and highly visible opportunity to take responsibility for the design and delivery of CISL’s work in a critical area. The role will encompass existing workstreams with investors such as developing methods of assessing portfolio contribution towards the SDGs, helping investors understand consumer preferences and behaviours, assess the impact of climate and environmental scenarios as well as embedding long-termism into investment products. You will work proactively with other teams across CISL, including the education team, accelerator, advisory service and others.
CISL has pioneered sustainable finance since the global financial crisis. Our expertise are sought by firms and policymakers, and we have long-term relationships with over 50 institutions in the investment, banking and insurance sectors through the Investment Leaders Group, Banking Environment Initiative and ClimateWise and through our executive education programmes. Our expertise lies in understanding how to build resilience to environmental risk in financial decision-making, how to harness capital for positive impact, and how to enable sustainability through innovation finance.
Applicants should be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work.
High proficiency in English (both written and verbal), and educated to at least degree level, candidates will have the following attributes:
- Clear understanding of the global investment industry
- Strong experience in a financial or sustainability working environment with insight into sustainable investment
- Knowledge of major global issues, such as climate change, and how they affect financial institutions’ risk, opportunity and leadership
- Strong relationship management skills with an ability to build, grow and maintain rapport with clients, partners, sponsors and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in complex, fast-moving and virtual teams
- Strong project management skills, including financial planning and collaborative working
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience in facilitation and consensus building
The following attributes are also desirable:
- Strong marketing and business development skills
- Experience in managing research
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience in event management
- High proficiency in another major global language
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant area
Informal enquiries may be made to the CISL Human Resources team: email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Banking Project / Programme Management Senior Management jobs in East of England
- Business Services Project / Programme Management Senior Management jobs in East of England
- Environmental Project / Programme Management Senior Management jobs in East of England
- Energy Project / Programme Management Senior Management jobs in East of England