Procurement Strategy Director - FMCG
1 day left
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the future growth and success within a dynamic, progressive and well invested European branded foods organization. With an enviable portfolio of best-in-class brands they enjoy leading market share positions across a number of territories. Highly ambitious, a combination of ongoing organic growth supported by targeted acquisitions underpin its long term future plans.
Continued strong growth has driven a planned expansion of its procurement capability, with the function an integral component in the overall supply chain. Based on a stated goal to build a “best in class” procurement team it is looking to evolve further and seeks to appoint a talented, ambitious Procurement leader to drive its overall strategy, an individual with a broad range of experience gained across FMCG or a closely related sector.
- A key member of the Procurement Leadership team, responsible for developing and implementing strategies, practices, tools and processes to drive transformation and ensure the function meets its commitments to the organization.
- Establish portfolio management process, driving process excellence and ensuring efforts to develop a strong pipeline of projects to meet savings targets.
- Play a pivotal role in the ongoing development of the function, enhancing procurement’s influence across the organization and in the successful deployment of innovative new technologies.
- Support category management teams with robust spend analytics and enhance market intelligence to drive a pipeline of opportunities.
- Be the “go-to” expert for Procurement to help it achieve its ambition, overseeing procurement systems, governance and frameworks across the organisation.
- Engage, inspire and motivate procurement teams, driving engagement and alignment to the overall strategy.
- Cultural fit is essential; comfortable operating in an open, honest, dynamic and challenging environment.
- A talented, ambitious and aspiring procurement leader, with demonstrable experience in a manufacturing/FMCG environment, ideally food.
- An aptitude to operate to Board level, excelling in stakeholder management, able to evidence building effective relationships across an organisation. Has the aspiration and potential in time to become a CPO.
- Proven track record of delivering best practice interventions through continuous improvement initiatives, benchmarking externally and or third party interventions.
- Proven experience creating and articulating procurement strategies that support specific business requirements, whilst at the same time challenge the status quo and leverages corporate scale and spending power.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of procurement concepts and processes, ideally combining with exposure to leading category teams.
- Inspirational leadership and a personal commitment to the empowerment and development of people.
Our client is keen to identify talent with growth potential and in return for a long term commitment can offer significant progression within the organisation both in the UK and internationally.
To apply, please quote reference A023993 (AFTL-735775) with full career details to Steven Mortiers email@example.com.
Harvey Nash is a global executive search consultancy.
Harvey Nash is an Employment Agency as defined in The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Apply for Procurement Strategy Director - FMCG
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly