Project Director opportunity based in the West Midlands with a large, construction, main contractor.
The role of Project Director will be based in the west midlands region for an award winning main contractor with a turnover approaching £1 Billion per annum. The undertake a broad range of projects, predominantly Design & Build, for an established client base across sectors including hotels & leisure, commercial, industrial, high rise residential and public sector.
The business is currently enjoying a very successful year and are consequently looking to strengthen their production/operations team with a Project Director with a proven track record of delivering £50+ Million projects for a recognised main contractor.
They have a good reputation as an employer and are recognised for the investment in the careers of their employees;the success of the busines will also mean excellent career prospects for individuals joining the business at this time.
- Pre-construction involvement, including attending client interviews, devising plans and programmes etc.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety including risk assessments, method statements, safety inductions etc.
- Manage a project team including Project Managers, Site Managers, Package Managers, Site Engineers and any associated operational staff.
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager to ensure maximum commercial return.
- Liaise closely with the client and any affected third parties.
- Monitor the programme and ensure works are completed in accordance with the programme.
- Coordinate and document all relevant paperwork and chair and attend all project meetings.
- Conform to the company's best practices and work to maintain the excellent reputation of the business.
- Successfully complete the project ensuring a smooth handover and work toward zero defects.
Successful applicants will have a proven track record of undertaking the role of Senior Project Manager or Project Director for a main contractor who undertake construction projects of a similar size and nature. In addition successful applicants should be from a trade background or possess an HNC or degree level qualification in a construction discipline.
Construction Senior Talent and our partner clients are equal opportunities employers.