Head of Manufacturing
Opportunity to establish and lead the manufacturing capability for a truly unique engineered product business
Our client is a technology company developing innovative products that address traditional engineering challenges. They have developed and are now producing revolutionary compressor product technologies for use in a wide variety of applications.
The technology and design is proven in the field showing considerable advantage over traditional product designs and represents a step change for industry in a variety of sectors. The product is proven to be highly efficient and reliable in the real world, adaptable to a wide range of sectors and industries and internationally applicable.
Our client is starting production in their first assembly and test centre. The demand for the product is already there as such there is the need to satisfy that by scaling production. There is, therefore, now a new requirement to appoint someone to build and lead the function and discipline as Head of Manufacturing.
The role will establish a new manufacturing facility to assemble compressor products, and to work with and manage the interface between the client and other suppliers, ensuring successful and timely completion according to demand. Reporting directly to the CEO you will be expected to drive the manufacturing strategy, consolidate the partnerships and ensure the necessary commercial agreements are in place.
Reporting to the CEO you will be involved in:
- Providing strategic planning and leadership to ensure a sustainable cost-effective manufacturing and supply chain (with our manufacturing partner/s and suppliers) is in place with a strong focus on world class manufacturing, performance objectives and delivery of shareholder value
- Managing the creation, negotiation and closing of commercial agreements with manufacturing partner/s, including pricing and quality agreements, as well supplier contracts
- Managing the manufacturing activities of the company, including customer support and the delivery of manufacturing support to our licensees and clients where appropriate
- Managing the development of the company’s supply chain functions, including recruiting suitably qualified and capable staff, and developing effective processes and cost-effective organizational structures
- Leading lean manufacturing principles ensuring and maximizing inventory turns while maintaining maximum production flexibility
Requirements of the Role:
- A self-motivated individual with strong analytical, negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills is sought.
- Prepared to operate in a hands-on manner, lead by example and be visible
- Technically confident with practical and applicable manufacturing knowledge
- Naturally tenacious, driven by business success, have a passion for manufacturing high quality products and services to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of manufacturing IT systems. Experience of setting up new manufacturing IT systems would be an advantage
- Ability to quickly analyse complex situations and be an effective problem solver, while operating a results-focused, professional and well-organised approach
- Comprehensive experience of manufacturing complex industrial products into international markets is essential. In-depth knowledge of either the medium-pressure or low-pressure compressor markets or one of their major end-user markets would be desirable
- A proven track record of successful negotiations with key suppliers is essential and an understanding of supply contract structures and standard terms & conditions is essential.
- Degree or equivalent technical career experience in Manufacturing or related engineering discipline
- Proven track record in production management at senior level within an engineered product manufacturing business
- Demonstrable experience of sustained achievements in assembly production and process improvements
- Strong people manager with proven leadership and communication skills
- Proven track record technically managing commercial partnerships
- Broad manufacturing experience including machining, fabrication, assembly and test
- Applicable and broad range of Lean techniques/tools
- Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
The company is an important business with strong senior management, clear vision and technical excellence to make this new technology successful.
The Head of Manufacturing is an exciting and challenging new appointment. The role will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibilities working right alongside the senior management team. The successful appointee will take a lead role, working with other staff ensuring they continue to set up, develop and improve its manufacturing output and adding futher sites in time.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and highly respected business.
Apply for Head of Manufacturing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly