Head of Industrial & Logistics
A series of global trends across corporate supply chain, the transportation and storage of goods and the changing nature of retail consumer markets has given rise to an increase in real estate activity within the asset class of industrial & logistics property. This proliferating corporate demand has created a burgeoning capital marketplace - leasable space is at a premium and the race is underway in meeting this demand through investment. This has been particularly prevalent in the Asia markets, with its multitude of national jurisdictions, the rising middle classes of emerging markets, and the increasing use of technology applications in retail consumption developing demand for e-commerce.
To maximise this commercial opportunity, our client intends to appoint a leading industry figure with demonstrable track-record in the UK within the Industrial/ Logistics sector.
Duties & responsibilities
A person capable of galvanizing internal resources, bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to execute work across service lines through the life-cycle of corporate, investment and development of such property.
To lead the firm in a 'go to market' strategy in developing a defined marketplace across corporate occupiers, investors and developers. Leading in the winning of mandates through the cross section of client interests in this space. Packaging up expertise in meaningful messages to key client targets in this specialist area.
* Create and deliver Industrials sector plan to roll out across service lines
* Sustainable revenue growth and pricing improvement in sector across services with a focus on Investment & Leasing base services
* Identify, lead and land strategic pursuits/ mega projects involving cross regions
* Grow focused sector clients in Asia across all client groupings
* Brand development and marketing within sector
* Lead sales/ major bids/ exec sponsor for key accounts
* Be a 'Talent Magnet' - a figure head in the market attracting the very best industry talent across service lines.
* Lead the development and execution of the regional client development strategy to drive growth in Industrials sector in line with corporate vision
* Ensure Industrials sector has a robust pipeline and order book
* Identify multi-national clients to be part of the global MNC program
* Lead and support key strategic regional and global pursuits by contributing sector insights and leading the engagement of the most senior client and business line leaders
Business Development and Growth:
* Connect with regional & global service line leaders.
* Gain an understanding of ready internal resources from which to draw upon in client development across region.
* Accelerate sector growth in revenue from Investors, MNCs and regional key clients.
* Co-ordinate and galvanize existing service line resources to create new opportunities within your sector.
* Lead market expansion through identification of new client, product, service and proposition opportunities within your sector and their fulfillment through commercially viable value propositions that differentiate and generate regional demand.
* Make Go/No Go decision per limits of authority for strategic pursuits, cross country or mega opportunities - managing conflicts of interest as necessary.
* Lead sector Investor, MNC and key client relationships to ensure client satisfaction.
Marketing and Brand:
* Develop and execute strategic sector marketing and communication plans that position our client in the market
* Utilise global sector propositions and marketing materials.
* Develop the brand and point of difference in the regions to drive an increase in price point.
* Drive the marketing team to create and implement sector marketing campaigns.
* Nurture and grow a sustainable network of relationships (both internally & externally) across the region, leveraging these for maximum impact across service lines.
* Lead cultural change to be the best
* Exemplify role model behaviors and live values of the brand
* Lead account leadership for key account and support a culture of collecting and learning from client feedback and satisfaction.
* Drive compliance and achieve excellence in company processes.
* Promote a culture in which supports our employees to be the best they can be - to achieve their "Ambitions".
* To be the Asia representative of the Global Industrials Board.
* Talent Magnet - be an industry leader - an individual that can attract the very best talent across service line.
* Track sector developments and trends to gather market intelligence, analysis and knowledge.
* Position as a thought leader in the sector producing white papers and attending industry events.
Candidate Characteristics /Traits
* To effect / influence global best practice as part of the Global Industrials Board.
* Sector revenue growth and gross margin improvement.
* Revenue growth of focused sector clients.
* ROI on sector marketing campaigns (Inc. non-financial e.g. column inches).
* Order book for sector.
* Win ratios on strategic pursuits and mega opportunities.