Technical Manager invited to join a private housebuilder in Warwickshire and look after development from a technical perspective and take them forward from land viability stages. You will be looking after architecture, engineering and some planning.
Small bespoke luxury and multiple award-winning 5* residential developer, operating across the Midlands and the North. Developments are truly site specific with house-types developed uniquely for each location, sparing no expense on detail, spec and finish.
This is a key role within the business and will have you cover multiple aspects of technical, both architectural and engineering. Most of the work is outsourced and so you will predominantly be in a coordinating capacity. Whilst you won't be hands on with the production of working drawings, you will be critiquing them as if they were your own, adding value to designs and schemes where applicable. Typical example duties include:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations
- Developing detailed designs
- Supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals
- Managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering and architectural issues
- Compiling, checking and approving project drawings and reports
- Adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing Practices and safety on all work assignments
- First and foremost you will have a passion for detail and quality within residential development. This is a luxury developer who whilst conscious of a schemes commercial aspects, will not hesitate to invest to improve through "value add" mentality.
- You work well independently as well as part of a team, pooling experience and ideas to take schemes forward and enhance where possible.
- You will have strong experience working for a developer, plc or independent and have had good exposure across multiple aspects of technical.
- Key areas of knowledge will include the Planning Process, UK Building Regulations and various Section Agreements
Competitive starting salary with generous remuneration and the opportunity to work for an employer who encourages you to think, volunteer ideas and influence the product and business.