VP, Head of People
A VP, Head of People is required by our client, a high growth international technology company with 130 employees in UK / US and Europe, to support the Company as it continues to rapidly scale. Reporting to the COO, leading a people function of five, the VP People will develop a people strategy that underpins the company’s growth as it trebles the number of employees and enters new markets internationally. The VP People will ensure that the company is able to attract, hire, retain and manage the innovative, sought after talent it needs and that the companies distinctive culture evolves as it grows.
With a third of the employees based in the US, it is critical that the VP People has experience of US and European HR and a global mindset.
An experienced, commercially minded individual, the VP People will be a confidante and coach to the leadership team, able to bring the breadth of their experience to help the business reach its potential. Empathy and an ability to connect with all levels of employees is important and will be balanced by a driven, pragmatic and logical approach. Fundamentally the People leader will be an experienced professional with personal qualities that energise and inspire. A role model, with strong personal values and empathy, high personal drive and great ambition for the organisation, the function and its people.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- International HR expertise, including employment legislation in the US and Europe
- HR leadership experience, ideally gained from a high growth, technology, digital or marketing environment
- Ideally had previous experience in an SME environment
- The ability to shift between strategic and operational needs, distilling complex concepts into simple, pragmatic solutions
- The ability to work at a fast pace, inject energy and drive, and rapidly adapt and respond to changing business needs
- An authentic, values driven, inclusive leader with strong coaching skills.
- High personal drive and ambition for the organisation, the function and its people