Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer - Guildford / .NET Background / B2B
Fantastic opportunity an experienced Chief Technology Officer to join a tech-led company based in Guildford and Birmingham that has developed a proprietary platform to drive competitive advantage within the energy brokering industry. Since launching back in 2013, they have built an impressive portfolio of 300 clients and partners. These clients are some of the largest household names across the UK. The web-focused technology sits between customers and suppliers to deliver process efficiency, transparency, analysis, reporting and competition within a complex and antiquated industry.
As a Chief Technology Officer, you will lead the development of our technology through the next stages of their journey. This role will be a mix of strategy, management, innovation and where necessary, hands-on development.
They intend to significantly not only extend but to improve their underlying technology and are investing heavily in the right resources. They currently have an experienced UK dev team of six and are onboarding an additional 12 developers, quality engineers and project managers by the end of October over in India with the potential plans to grow the team to over 25 by the end of Q1 2020.
- Oversee and manage all technical aspects for the business
- Building on a technical vision that drives the company to reach its goals.
- Commercial and strategy development/ decision making.
- Working with the entire business to deliver the strategy in line with the agreed business roadmap.
- Reporting to the board on KPIs and roadmap progress.
- Management of the technical and product teams. This includes developing and mentoring team members and maintaining the high quality of process and standards.
- Owning and managing relationships with a number of partner organisations. These include IT and networking providers and general business partners.
- Representing the technical team internally & communicating technology strategy with the business and development teams, and other internal and external audiences.
- Experience in previous CTO role for a similar stage company or the desire to step after being a VP of Engineering or technical lead.
- Demonstrable experience in scaling a technology product in a B2B environment.
- Proven ability to translate business objectives into a technology and product-focused strategy which can be delivered.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Excellent skills in engaging stakeholders and translating technical details across the technical divide.
- Proven development knowledge including modern web technologies and the Microsoft .Net & SQL Server stack.
- Experience in designing, deploying and managing standard Cloud infrastructure services such as Azure and AWS.
This is a fantastic opportunity that allows and promotes a work life balance.
If this is of interest, please apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/87811719