Business Improvement Consultant
Build internal networks, establish relationships and identify areas and opportunities for process and business improvements to be made.
Deliver analysis-backed change and improvement projects across operational functions and workstreams.
This law firm focuses on providing advice and support on niche transactional challenges around the world. Growing rapidly from their City of London base, they provide the opportunity to travel for work if project-relevant and desirable to the individual. Having recently launched the new internal consulting function that this role sits within, they are demonstrating again their innovative and ambitious nature, particularly when set against some of their competitors in the legal sector.
The Business Improvement Consultant's key responsibilities can be broken down loosely in the following way:
Analysis of core functions and workstreams:
- Create initial operational dashboards from existing practice systems including benchmarking versus competitors
- Client segmentation and sales analysis and identifying the source of new business, effectiveness of channels and conversion rates
- Function linked audits including presence
- Create risk dashboard to track key risk processes - what is required and progress against these milestones
This role will recommend improvement in operational functions and take ownership of driving these results:
- Recommend improvements in operational functions and projects, based on insight from analytics and benchmarking
- Drive the results, be held accountable for organisational change
- Take responsibility for the operation of these functions
- Own KPI tracking for operational functions and major projects
- Own reporting and dashboards
- Identify and prioritise the firm's most important challenges
To be considered for the Business Improvement Consultant role, candidates will be able to show:
- High levels of both academic intelligence and common sense
- Clear evidence of delivering changes and improvements
- Exposure to working with clients from a number of different sectors in industries such as Business Services and Professional Services
- Passion to develop their career in both the advisory and operational sides of an organisation
Whilst the Business Improvement Consultant will be based in the City of London, there will be the opportunity to travel on occasion to their global offices in some pretty special locations such as the Caribbean.
It is important to stress the fact that candidates coming from a Management Consultancy or a Strategy House will be highly likely to find that the working hours and travel commitments are far lower and and far more appealing than they currently experience.