Financial Controller - eCommerce Sector
Circa £100,000 + Excellent Benefits
This is one of the UK's best known digital consumer brands, backed by a progressive PE house and experiencing consistent and sustained YoY double digit growth.
The time to join is now, with exciting M&A and a potential IPO or secondary buyout on the agenda, heavyweight business leaders joining and multiple capex projects underway to re-enforce a market leading position.
As part of the ongoing growth of the business, it is now seeking a dynamic and experienced Financial Controller to create a full serviced financial control team.
Reporting to the CFO and playing a key role in providing financial guidance to the leadership team, you will:
- Implement a transparent and rigorous financial control structure, ensuring a 'no surprises' reporting environment that will support the ongoing rapid growth and change of the organisation
- Coach and develop the existing team, ensuring clarity of purpose, development plans are in place and a collaborative and supportive team environment is sustained
- Manage the month-end process and reporting cycles, including forecasts and monthly management information
- Drive improved yet simplified data insight through the organisation, partnering business heads where necessary and helping to facilitate a transparent understanding of business performance
- Deliver improved management information and developing new reports and models that are appropriate for non-finance stakeholder consumption
- Provide insight, analysis and recommendations in relation to performance assessment and improvement, financial sustainability, and investment cases
- Take the existing financial function and continue the automation and simplification of the structure
- Oversee the consolidation of the monthly/annual results
- Provide ongoing risk and opportunity assessments of the business, including full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance and ensuring readiness for future corporate activity, i.e. acquisitions or divestments
As a highly credible finance professional with impressive levels of gravitas, intellectual horsepower and technical accounting knowledge, you will have in-depth experience of owning an end-to-end finance function.
Critical to this position is a demonstrable background of executing change across processes, systems and people, creating a best practice financial control environment within a dynamically changing environment.
With a natural hands-on approach to a rapid growth environment, you will easily demonstrate the skills and behaviours to operate at ground level in a shirt sleeves rolled up capacity and simultaneously able to provide high level guidance and leadership.
Whilst experience of working within a PE backed environment would be preferred, to be successful in this role you must have experience of working within a changing, fast paced and agile business where you will have coached a team to enhanced performance and executed measurable business improvement.
Personality and behaviours are a key element for the successful candidate. Humility, business acumen, first class communication skills, attention to detail and a confidence in your own ability are pre-requisite if you are to excel within this dynamic, fast paced and exhilarating environment.