Executive Sales Director (Data Management)
Our client is a leading provider of B2B digital and direct marketing solutions. A fast growth £multi-million turnover business, operating nationally from sites in the South West and South East.
Their vision is to help customers simplify their complex communication problems using a range of platforms. Solutions include:
- Secure data processing, personalisation and data management
- Digital communications and print solutions
- Fulfilment, warehousing and cost-effective postal services
- Secure print and print management
- Quality direct marketing delivery
- Hybrid mail
- Document archiving
- Compliance with ISO security, quality and environmental standards and GDPR support
- Project and campaign management collaborative working – a trusted partner.
Having enjoyed nine years of successful year on year growth, our client has decided to appoint a Sales Director to assist in the execution of their next phase of development. The successful candidate will be instrumental in creating and delivering rapid and profitable growth plans.
The Sales Director will be a key Board member - blending hands-on, driven sales performance with strategic vision. Responsible for the company’s commercial success, he/she will work closely with colleagues and the management team to ensure the company’s goals, strategies, processes and policies are delivered to build the business over the coming years.
The appointee will have a “hands on” approach; happy to roll up their sleeves and willing to “go the extra mile” to ensure the team achieves and sustains the highest level of performance. They will be responsible for identifying new growth areas aligned to the current portfolio of solutions and be able to execute a plan to successfully manoeuvre the business into these new areas.
- Provide strategic leadership as part of the executive team
- Strengthen, develop and grow the sales team through exceptional management
- Build a strong new business focus in the sales team developing new digital services areas and new sectors
- Develop and deliver sales budgets; maximising ROI and meeting KPIs
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for the business
- Develop and manage the department’s dedicated staff, building a strong team ethos
- Recruit and develop new members of the sales team, as required and to support ongoing growth
- Involvement in and refining of the tendering/bid process for securing new work – both public sector frameworks and corporate clients
- Work collaboratively with the marketing function to ensure marketing activity effectively supports the ongoing sales message/campaigns
- Oversee staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales best practice
- Oversee and evaluate market research, customer insight and monitor competitor services, sales and marketing activities
- Coordinate liaison between sales discipline and other key departments
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of the following:
- Proven strategic sales leadership success, as a Director or possibly Senior Manager, in a B2B, digital services/marketing environment. Other closely related sectors could be considered
- Experience working with/selling to customers within at least one of the following sectors; Financial Services, Local Authorities, Membership Organisations, Utilities or Healthcare Experience of building and controlling a sales journey to reach, engage and convert new target customers
- Experience of successful bid writing, involvement in tender processes to secure new work
- Experience of developing and recruiting successful sales teams
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive, combined with a structured and analytical approach
- Someone able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Strong commercial management skills, detail orientated and able to manage the day to day
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long-term plans
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness - strong on the detail
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style. "Hands on" operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business.
- High degree of integrity