Parkinson Lee Executive Search, part of the Elevation Recruitment Group, are the retained partner to a privately owned, highly entrepreneurial consumer goods manufacturing organisation based in South Yorkshire, in the appointment of a Finance Director.
With revenues of circa £60million, our client is a market leader within their industry, re-enforced by highly sought after and recognisable brands.
The CEO and wider leadership team have already started to implement a strategic plan which will see revenues and profits double in the short-medium term leading to a probable MBO within the next two years. The leadership team will then work closely together to ensure the value of the business is maximised at the subsequent deal event.
In order to deliver on the strategic plan, a career defining opportunity now exists for a new Finance Director. Reporting to the CEO, key responsibilities will include:
- Participating as a Board member in the overall running of the business to achieve the organisational goals
- Acting as a strong business partner and 'sounding board' to the CEO and other Board members, supporting and challenging where appropriate
- Taking an active role in identifying, developing and implementing strategic options and plans which will allow the business to maximise its revenue, margin and profit growth
- Delivering strong, practical, financial support to the board and the business as a whole
- Leading, managing and developing the Finance, IT & HR functions, ensuring they are seen as true business partners and integrated well into the business. Motivate, inspire and support the teams, leading by example and instilling a greater commercial outlook and "best in class" attitude across the teams
- Against a backdrop of increasing complexity and significant growth opportunities make recommendations to help the business prioritise its capital and resources; recommend plans which will drive revenues, margin and profit contribution
- Leading the business planning (budget, forecast & 3 year strategic plan) processes
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with extensive post qualification experience, gained ideally within the manufacturing or FMCG sectors. You will have up to date technical finance knowledge, but more importantly, have acted at the strategic board level as number one FD or CFO. Experience of M&A and private equity processes would be advantageous.
This is a rare FD opportunity, one that will allow you to play a significant role in the continued success and development of the business, whilst offering "skin in the game" through equity participation and a real chance to deliver significant wealth creation.
For a confidential a discussion about this appointment please contact Lee Bhandal at Parkinson Lee on 01709 303330 or apply via this advert.