Head of Product - IT Cloud Services
Who we are recruiting for
This Cloud Services provider is currently seeking a Head of Product to join the senior management team. It is recognised in The Times Tech Track Top 100 as one of the UK’s fastest growing technology companies, having doubled revenues over the last 3 years. The aim is to continue that trajectory of performance. Working with global market leading software vendors they bring innovative cloud services to IT Resellers across the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
You'll own the product range, devise and manage the product road-maps and in-life product enhancements, in line with the strategic objectives of the business. You’ll achieve this by:
- Identifying the products that vendors are producing that will strengthen the cloud portfolio
- Vendor selection and management through to product launch and continuous improvement
This will see you owning the responsibility the vendor relationships:
- Building and establishing profile with major vendors
- Monitoring and managing their performance on SLAs and contractual obligations
- Getting insight to their product/service roadmaps
- Undertaking commercial and contractual negotiations
- Building and executing go-to-market campaigns with vendors
- Work internally to keep the team up to date on Vendor developments and product roadmaps
Delivering Products & Services in an efficient way to market, contributing to the achievement of sales targets:
- Using data to make the right pricing decisions with marketing
- Seek out opportunities to cross & upsell products and services
- Own the product range & roadmap through the life cycle from launch through to end of life decisions, including making decisions on product performance and take up
- Maximise product performance gaining sales traction and marketing support from key vendors
The skills & experience you’ll bring to the role:
- You’ll bring an enviable track record in a senior product role ideally within a software/SaaS and/or Cloud Services provider.
- A track record of vendor relationship managements, product/service launches and ongoing delivery across the lifecycle of product improvements.
- You’ll have ensured that a set of products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver a service to customers.
- You’ll be used to working with Board level stakeholders internally and in vendors. You’ll be financially astute with a great understanding of budgets and business-planning.
How you’ll like to operate:
- Technically astute, strong understanding of SaaS and Cloud based services
- Self-starter and the independent thinker
- Delivering with energy and enthusiasm
- Welcome complex challenges that need solving in a global operation
- Being assertive and persistent – ensuring the right things are prioritised and delivered
- Happy to “roll your sleeves up” and work with the “techies” and broader operation
- Lateral thinking capability to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes, allowing problem resolution
- Excellent communicator and able to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Customer focused and passionate about future business opportunities
- Committed and hardworking, driven to succeed
Further information on location: Headquartered in Humberside, UK. The CEO is open to supporting relocation if required or supporting someone working away from home during the week. Travel for working with vendors and customers is expected.