Finance Director - based in Newcastle upon Tyne
I am pleased to be recruiting a Finance Director for an early stage VC-backed technology company, now entering a new and exciting phase of its development, having recently secured significant funding to accelerate its growth to a highly ambitious long term sales target. It's a fantastic time to join a company with incredible potential, playing a key role in leading its development as Finance Director.
You will be a key member of a highly experienced team, driving progress, acting as the conscience and voice of the business and its key stakeholders.
Reporting to the CEO your responsibilities as Finance Director will include:
- Corporate finance - leading fundraising activity, managing investor and potential investor relations.
- Production of management accounts from trial balance.
- Cash management and cash forecasting.
- Approval of purchase orders and supplier invoices.
- Review and approval of payroll and payments.
- Negotiation with suppliers, cost and contract management.
- Overall responsibility and control of annual budgeting process.
- Ensuring excellent relationships and relevant compliance with bankers, finance providers, auditors, tax and legal advisers plus relevant statutory bodies.
- Operational responsibilities and a range of activity in IT, Legal, Corporate Governance, Company Secretarial, Human Resources and Property & Facilities.
As Finance Director you'll be/need:
- A successful, forward-thinking and exceptionally hands-on Finance Director, Head of Finance or Financial Controller - commercially-minded and ideally with significant start up/early stage fundraising experience
- Experience of working in a dynamic, close-knit, start up or early stage company desirable - practice and/or Corporate Finance experience also potentially advantageous
- Degree in Accounting or related field (or equivalent/above) together with ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Demonstrable passion with effective communicate and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational, IT and administrative skills