Chief Financial Officer
Part Time Chief Financial Officer
£90,000 to £120,000 pro rata
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Bonus, Equity
This role represents an outstanding opportunity to join a technology business at a pivotal time within their journey. This is a newly created role of Chief Financial Officer for this privately owned organisation. Working closely with an entrepreneurial Chief Executive Officer, you will establish the finance function and be a key member of the Executive Team. The business has a robust 10 year plan and the new CFO will be pivotal in executing this and delivering the financial strategy.
You will demonstrate extensive experience operating as a CFO/FD in the technical SME sector and be fully CCAB qualified. A tenacious and strong willed leader, you will take the lead on M&A activity and have previously executed an exit for shareholders.
Core responsibilities will include:
- To continuously evaluate and support the strategic position of the company from a financial standpoint, and work to increase value and minimize risk taking into account long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- To strategically structure and optimize the sources of financial capital of the company. Also, to evaluate alternative sources of capital which may offer greater value.
- To manage or participate in negotiations which will allow the company to enter or exit its positions in specific ventures.
- To ensure that the financial operation of the company is as efficient as possible, well controlled and functions in a way that promotes business under calculated risk.
- To manage a multitude of financial operations and functions, including managing financial planning, analysis and reporting, by overseeing the creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- To implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
- To understand the business context and parameters, as well as to set the parameters of operation, which will allow business growth under financially controlled conditions by creating and establishing yearly financial objectives that align with the organization's plan for growth and expansion.
- To manage the operation in order to be able to present a clear accounting state, including establishing best practices for revenue recognition.
- To manage relationships with external accounting/ auditing firms in order to retain their endorsement on the financial operation and outlook of the company.
- To set the principles, main processes and philosophy of operation, and set guidelines with his direct reports in all the operational units of the company, as well as interact with and bring the finance department into line with Board of Directors plans, initiatives and recommendations.
The days worked are flexible and envisaged to be around 4 per week for the first 1/2 months before reducing to 2/3 days per week. This client is offering an outstanding package that includes equity.