Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer – East of England – Competitive salary plus bonus, LTIP and benefits.
Exciting opportunity for high calibre individual with CEO succession potential to join highly successful business.
- Leading UK independent provider of last-mile multi-utility networks. Operates in regulated and non-regulated markets, providing traditional and next-generation infrastructure solutions, serving over 1.5 million homes. Pioneered the opening of competitive markets, with over £2 billion of capital invested over 25 years; backed by well-known global investor.
- Newly created role to lead the operational delivery and performance across the group, in a hands-on working culture with strong employee engagement, as it continues to leverage its strategic market position to deliver an ambitious growth strategy.
- Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead a team of Managing Directors across an Assets, Commercial and Markets structure, identifying and delivering product development and commercial opportunities for accretive value creation alongside excellent customer service for the group’s growing customer portfolio.
- Degree calibre, possibly financially qualified and/or with an MBA or business degree, candidates will have a strong track record in general management, able to drive the P&L and balance sheet, evaluate and prioritise investment opportunities. Will ideally have domain network experience gained within the energy, water or telecoms utility markets; or possibly experience within the broader regulated sectors such as rail and airports.
- Strategic, agile thinker, able to create and shape a growth strategy and translate this into successful operational implementation. Logical, analytical, data literate, able to identify trends and opportunities, leverage performance and inform rapid and accurate decision making.
- Will demonstrate well-honed emotional intelligence, strong communication skills and the maturity to influence, persuade and build trust at all levels within the business and at a senior level across a range of stakeholders. Able to thrive in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, fast-paced business which is open, honest and dynamic in its management culture.
To apply, please visit www.odgers.com/71300 and upload your up to date CV.