Project Director - Leading Residential/House Builder - London
About the Client; SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading Residential/House Builder who are on the lookout for a Project Director to join them in their Central London Division. Due to continuous expansion based in an increased workload they have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to come on board and strengthen their commercial team.
About the Role; Projects team lead and manage the delivery of key residential developments across our business. The Project Director will lead and inspire the project team to work with residents, key stakeholders, local authorities, consultant and contractors to deliver the creation of an exceptional new development in London.
This role will successfully shape, launch and lead one of the most significant estate regeneration projects in London over the next two decades. You will deliver initiatives that achieve a full suite of socio-economic benefits in the local community and continuously make improvements through a customer centric agenda, challenging the status quo and proactively identifying operational enhancements.
What you will do:
* Deliver the full potential and optimum solution for the new community
* Establish a business plan with key objectives, including target dates, milestones, social and financial performance
* Ensure awareness of political, industry related and environmental developments which may impact on delivery and phasing of the project
* Manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the architectural design, engineering and planning activities of the proposal to be on time and within budget
* Liaise and negotiate with statutory authorities, planning authorities, stakeholders and consultants, to ensure the objectives and programme for an implementable planning approval are achieved
* Embed and drive a customer focused culture seeking continuous improvement, improving the customer experience and responding to consumer trends locally
* Ensure that our design reflects the lifelong aspirations of a proud new community.
What you will have:
* Senior management experience in land, planning and technical
* Previous major and or complex project management experience, including medium to high rise and multiple use classes
* Proven track record in performing against set delivery objectives and leading a high performing team
* Entrepreneurial skills, breadth of view beyond traditional approaches
* Strong networking skills, totally committed to community involvement
* Proven experience in working with external main contractors
* High standard of financial literacy and analytical skills
* Considerable drive and energy