Head of Capital Development
3 days left
MMP Consultancy have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Capital Development to work in Central London for a Large and prestigious NHS Trust for a 6 month contract with the review to extend thereafter.
My client currently has over 60 current capital projects in place ranging to the value of around £160m, over 50 employees working within the capital projects department and just over 50 sites to cover (small community and large acute).
The post holder will be responsible and accountable for planning and delivering the capital projects in the Trust's estate strategy, infrastructure developments and all capital developments that contribute to the business objectives of the clinical directorates and will be responsible for converting the Trust's clinical service strategy and investment strategy into reality. The post carries overall accountability for directing the strategic capital programme and ensuring this is delivered to standards and timescale with expected benefits fully realised.
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Capital planning
- Project management of capital schemes
- Engineering infrastructure planning
- Preparing feasibility studies and making recommendations on development
- Design of major and minor capital schemes
- Reparation of design information for incorporation into business cases
- Fire safety management and other statutory compliance
This is a Band 9 within the NHS Agenda for change and will be paying around £500+ per day, INSIDE IR35.
We will be looking for someone with some of the key skills and experience below:
- Educated to a Master's degree level or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification in building or engineering discipline.
- Chartered estates professional
- Leadership in capital development at senior level in a large complex environment.
- Experience in delivering significant capital schemes and managing capital developments in a complex operational setting.
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workforce and delivering plans through effective delegation, ensuring a capacity to deliver and monitoring performance and holding to account.
- Experience of NEAT and BREEAM environmental assessments.
- Experience in using Contractor and Consultant frameworks.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful