Head of Finance Interim
3 days left
Our leading client in Public sector are looking to recruit a dynamic, highly motivated Head of Finance to start from November 2019 until March / April 2021 (fixed-term contract). The role holder will be based in the new Coast to Capital Offices in Three Bridges. The role holder will be paid £500/day (Umbrella rate) inside IR35 and will be working Monday to Friday.
Our client is the Accountable Body for Coast to Capital (one of 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships across UK) until April 2021 and have responsibility for operating the statutory financial and legal assurance function on behalf of Coast to Capital. The role holder who will work closely with the Coast to Capital Chief Executive, Board and Council, to shape the business and ensure best in class financial stewardship. The post holder will take overall responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the business are accurately and efficiently carried out in accordance with recognised accounting standards, LEP requirements, and within set deadlines, in partnership with our Accountable Body and its statutory S.151 accounting officer.
This is a practical and hands-on role which requires an ability to work well at a strategic level and assert high professional standards with a wide range of partners including Board members, local authorities and financial professionals.
They will be able to contribute as part of the senior leadership team and be experienced in contributing to the wider corporate management of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
This post holder will be responsible for advising the Board on all aspects of financial strategy and financial management including:
- Strategic financial planning across the organisation, to include annual budget planning, investment planning and pensions scheme oversight.
- Acting on behalf of the S151 officer from our Accountable Body.
- Being able to both operate at strategic and operational level as part of a small team.
- Developing, implementing and operating financial management and control systems / processes that align with the organisation's overall vision and its current and future business objectives.
- Leading and contributing to strategic planning and tactical decision-making as part of the wider management team. Ensuring all financial risks are fully understood and actioned appropriately.
- Ensuring that accounting standards and internal control procedures are compliant for both internal and external auditor requirements.
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation and reporting of monthly management, annual statutory accounts, income and expenditure and cash forecasts, budgets and projections for the executive and the Board.
- Providing strategic leadership on the cash flow management decisions and manage the organisation's cash flow on a day to day basis including operating and optimising treasury management policies.
- Review applications and claims from a range of programmes, ensuring payments are made in accordance with grant terms.
- Directly manage the external bookkeeper support.
- Be responsible for all elements of the company payroll and manage the outsourced payroll provider.
- Providing necessary levels of assurance and information to the S151 officer and be able to act on their behalf.
- Providing advice to the Board and its Committees, in particular the Chairman's Committee. Also taking an active role in the Coast to capital Senior Management Team on strategic issues.
Required Experience Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant (CCAB or CIMA) and have experience of working both within the public and private sectors, with current knowledge of public accountancy and finance practice.
- Excellent problem solving, strategic and technical accountancy skills.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Understanding of Local Enterprise Partnerships.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the company professionally to a wide range of audiences including other Government bodies.
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, and to be flexible as part of a small but growing team.
- Experience of building high performing teams and leading and developing staff.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to assess priorities, and to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to provide robust support to the organisation and an ability to be flexible with changing demands.
- Identification with a caring and highly supportive team culture that promotes kindness and well being within the work environment and supports and promotes good mental health.
If you are interested to apply for this role, apply online now.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy