Non Executive Director
Our client is a highly innovative, VC-backed technology company ready to move into the next phase of its development - a tremendously exciting time with incredible potential. With major investment pending, they are looking to appoint an seasoned Non-Executive Director (NED/NXD) to their highly experienced team.
As NED/NXD your responsibilities will include:
- Challenging and contributing to the development of strategy, through a clearer and/or wider view of possible factors influencing the business and its environment.
- Scrutinising and monitoring the performance of management in meeting-agreed goals and objectives, including contributing to succession planning.
- Ensuring financial information is accurate and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
- Benefitting the company's and board's effectiveness through outside contacts and opinions - connecting both with networks of useful people and organisations.
- Providing independent views on resources, appointments, standards of conduct.
- Board performance evaluation including addressing issues and bench-marking.
As NED/NXD you will need:
- Appropriate/aligned board level experience, preferably with a strong background in Marketing, Health (ideally with excellent relationships in Pharma and/or Diagnostics) and Insurance.
- Clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of a non-executive director - including those of governance and accountability.
- Experience of regulated environments and a good understanding of what it means to hold a board position in a private organisation.
- The ability to grasp a wide range of complex financial issues; excellent communication skills; a readiness to listen to the views of others; the ability to challenge, support and influence constructively; exceptional judgement; high level of integrity.
- Applications from candidates who are still in the executive phase of their careers are welcome, subject to agreement from their employer and avoiding conflicts of interest.
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.