Head of T&C Strategy & Planning
To ensure that aspects of strategy, integration, QC and compliance, test simulation and problem issue resolution for test and commissioning related activity on the Client are planned and managed in a controlled and safe manner, across all levels of the organisation, including the Tier 1 contractors.
- Manage, drive and develop the strategy, integration, QC and compliance, test simulation and problem issue resolution aspects for test and commissioning related activity on the project.
- Playing an active role as a senior manager in the T&C team
- Assist the T&C Director by playing a full and collegiate role in the leadership, guidance and by way of creative, encouraging and active management input to the T&C team
- Develop and deliver strategic objectives and plans to support Programme Management of the testing and commissioning phase of the overall project, focusing around:
- Achievement of integrated cardinal milestones, relating to commissioning and handover;
- Delivery of integration tests.
- Set the timetable and process for review of each strategic plan, as agreed with the T&C Director. Actively advise on any required re-development in good time prior to the run up to the next strategic stage (e.g. where modification of a given plan is needed in a specific technical &/or organisational aspect, in good time prior to the end of Dynamic Testing, in preparation for Trial Running).
- Be responsible for the preparation, management, maintenance and control of the man-hour budget for the central Testing & Commissioning organisation
- Be responsible for risk assessment and mitigation for each and every area of your span of accountability.
- Make sure you are informed and understand the financial position of the organisation and how this impacts on decision making.
- Understand the operational implications of suggested possible courses of management action relating to T&C Strategy.
- As required by the T&C Director, communicate strategies, policies and procedures, as agreed, effectively to personnel involved on the project, ensuring an adequate record of the communication
- As required by the T&C Director, contribute to the selection, recruitment, induction and review processes across the T&C organisation
- Line manage an agreed range of colleagues, notably T&C Programme Managers, T&C planning and reporting resource and T&C problem issue management personnel, as may be required by the role.
- Expert knowledge of rail T&C strategic aspects, programme management and reporting work processes.
- Ability to effectively organise and manage a project team in a matrix organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard infrastructure project management tools, rail verification and validation tools, techniques and technologies, detailed understanding of requirements and configuration management in a systems engineering context, detailed understanding of BS EN 501xx standards requirements as they relate to the realisation, verification and validation of railway systems and infrastructure, excellent knowledge of the standards, codes and guidance issued by NR and LU.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of strategic and detailed plans to realise verification and validation in accordance with the contract obligations for the Client.