- Newly created position due to the continued success of this growing business
- A Financial Accountant opportunity, perfect for a Practice trained accountant
About Our Client
Privilege Finance has over 18 years' experience in providing finance in agricultural sectors. Since 2012 Privilege Finance has invested over £300 million in both new builds and acquisition projects in renewable energy. We pride ourselves on considering each individual project on an entire 'lifecycle approach, developing long-term partnerships with our customers and offering technical support and advice at all stages.
The successful candidate for the Financial Accountant would be responsible for the following:
- Assist the Head of Finance to ensure the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy and performance
- Provide and interpret financial information, including Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Monitor and interpret cash flows and predicting future trends
- Assist the Head of Finance in the management of the company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines for a complex group structure and where appropriate report findings to the Board of Directors
- Assist the Head of Finance to ensure operational processes are managed for existing and new funding lines. This also includes meeting prescribed regulatory requirements
- Liaise with auditors and oversee the preparation of the company's financial year end accounts and ensure that these are presented accurately on time and meet prescribed regulatory requirements
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory returns to external bodies such as HMRC
- Apply the company's Loan Loss Provisioning Policy
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide best value to the company
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, funders, bankers, payroll providers and statutory organisations such as Inland Revenue.
- Oversee the monthly and yearly accounting for the SPVs / AD Plants
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) -Part qualified/ finalist will also be considered
- Ideally accountancy practice trained
- Technical experience of FRS102 accounting requirements
- Complex group structure experience is highly desirable
- Advanced Microsoft skills particularly Excel.
- Ability to influence others.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Confident and assertive.
- Solution driven with good initiative.
- Ability to multi task and a flexible approach to work.
- Willing to embrace change and challenge processes to improve efficiency.
- Able to manage workloads and priorities and work under pressure to deadlines.
- A team player who is able to develop effective relationships with the team and work in partnership with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, dependent on relevant experience
Opportunities to support your ongoing personal and professional development
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14037443Z