Title: Technical Director
Location: St Albans or Luton or Watford
Salary £90,000 - £100,000 + Benefits
Experience: Technical leadership, Product, Delivery, Management, Software Development, SaaS
We are currently in the market for a Technical Director. Within this position, you will take on a leadership role and manage all areas of technical operations, with a focus on cloud-based applications and Software as a Service.
You will work alongside the CTO, Enterprise Architects and Product Owners. You will be the force behind design and development, taking advantage of new technologies as they present themselves. You will have a key role in developing functions, services and products in order to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
Is this the role for you?
Are you interested in an opportunity to create your own projects and lead a team of experienced and determined software developers? Do you have a strong technical background, capable of challenging and inspiring a team? Are you able to provide a commercial insight to inform strategy? If you are driven, with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills then this might just be the role for you.
Commercial experience as a Technology Leader with a background in any of the following:
- Enterprise Architecture, Release Management, Product Management or Software Development.
- Management of a successful software product or SaaS applications throughout its lifecycle.
- Strong technical background and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Lead the technical direction of application and infrastructure platforms.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver scalable, high performing systems and services.
- Work with Product Owners, Architects, CTO and stakeholders to define design and technical requirements.
- Own and report on the status of development projects.
- Support CTO in security, resilience, recovery, test strategy to key stakeholders and board members.
- Deliver the mechanism for teams to provide regular updates on progress and solutions.
- Design and define business processes and policies to transform the business into a scalable, high-performing SaaS business.