Head of Tax
- FTSE 250 Group Head of Tax
- Working for a worldwide leader in aerospace
About Our Client
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
We believe in our vision of "Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". At Meggitt, we truly enable the extraordinary. We're good at what we do and that's why customers come back to us. We are constantly working to improve our processes and performance, striving for excellence.
By working together, we bring extraordinary technology to our customers, building trusted global relationships and successful collaborations through strong teamwork. Our teams are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, in the right way wherever we operate. Our colleagues, customers and the communities we are part of can count on us to act with integrity, honesty and respect.
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Meggitt have invested £130m on the construction of a new manufacturing and office facility at Ansty Park in Coventry. The site will provide a base for 1,000 employees in a world-class aerospace engineering and technology environment. It will also be the new home for Meggitt's Plc global headquarters.
As part of this move the Group finance function will be relocating from Bournemouth to Ansty Park. Meggitt are looking to take this opportunity to develop a world-class group finance function of proud technical specialists to build the success of the future.
This is a newly created, high profile Head of Tax role to report directly to the Group CFO and take overall responsibility for the group's tax planning, strategy and compliance, with the aim of managing tax risk and maximising planning opportunities for the group.
Responsibilities will include:
- To develop and implement tax strategy for the group
- Oversight and management of tax services in compliance with country laws and regulations within timeframe
- Legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Improve processes by developing and implementing best practices and robust controls for tax returns, reporting, tax compliance and tax payments
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and all other in-country tax authorities where the group operates in relation to tax audits and queries
- Build relationships and interact with key stakeholders to provide innovative tax planning and consulting expertise
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on day to day business operation matters to the group
- Direct management responsibility for the Group's Tax Manager
The Successful Applicant:
- ACA and/or CTA qualification
- Significant experience of working in a global tax environment and preferably with FTSE 100/ 250 listing experience
- Proven experience as a Head of Tax and leader within an international business is essential and prior US experience
- Strong technical skills with excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Ability to interpret and advise on complex tax legislation
- Able to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of individuals and teams
- Planning and co-ordination skills, with experience of leading and successfully delivering tax related projects
- The capability to operate at board level and with a strategic focus, as well as being in the detail and responsible for delivery
- Experience in a leadership role and driving a high performance team culture
- Culturally aware to be able to work across international borders, with a can do attitude
- Successful candidates must demonstrate ambition and resilience and the flexibility in approach to both lead and work through change
What's on Offer
A competitive six figure package and significant career progression opportunities.
For further details please contact:
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14035162Z
Apply for Head of Tax
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly