Lead Policy Advisor, Government of Jersey
4 days left
The Government of Jersey is seeking a talented individual to implement strategic initiatives, policy and legislative advice on all aspects of financial services policy and legislative development to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Reporting into the Director of Financial Crime Strategy you will contribute to the strategic objectives of the Jersey Government’s Financial Services and Digital Economy Division. Working with Jersey’s marketing and regulatory bodies, the successful candidates will also support the goal of ensuring the financial services sector remains globally competitive, building upon its strengths and enhancing opportunities to diversify and grow Jersey’s economy during a period of immense change internationally.
Having the skills and experience to maintain and develop relationships with strategic partners on a local, national and international level will play a key part in the role. You must also have the following:
- An undergraduate degree and postgraduate qualification in the following areas:
- Lawyer (either as an English Barrister, English Solicitor, Jersey Advocate, Jersey Solicitor or equivalent other jurisdictional qualification - e.g.: Scottish/ French / Australian), or
- Fully qualified ICAEW chartered accountant or similar
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of financial services (or a sector of within the financial services industry), Jersey Law, international standards and Government process.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of issues affecting the future of Jersey’s market leading position in financial services and to take advantage of opportunities, both locally and internationally to sure its position as a leading financial services centre.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact our consultants at Penna: Roger Russell on 07710 701570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Amelia Watkins on 07701 389738 or email email@example.com.