An opportunity for a technically capable candidate to join a well-known residential property developer in a Technical Manager role based in North London on a range of projects.
My client is an instantly recognisable name in the residential property space boasting 80 years of experience in the sector. They are UK wide and specifically focus on delivering local designs to reflect the locations and communities they build. Within North London they have a number of recognisable new builds and re-development projects, and as such require a new Technical Manager to join the team.
As the Technical Manager you will deliver planning, lead the design process, and ensure projects can move to delivery in line with project programme. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design process from concept to detailed design with responsibility for leading/co-ordinating the wider design team
- Appointing external consultants making sure the design programme is agreed and fees are commercially viable
- Review the design and advise on VE solutions to manage cost in balance with delivering design quality
- Deliver timely design information which is all buildable to ensure the programme time-line is met
- Liaise with planning and statutory authorities to obtain building control approval
As a strong applicant for this Technical Manager within this well-known residential property developer you will:
- Demonstrate a background in architecture & design (ideally pt.3 qualified)
- Possess a good level of knowledge and understanding of the residential build process in London
- Show an ability to lead and co-ordinate teams to deliver accurate and buildable designs
- Be comfortable on residential/mixed-use developments delivering 1,000s of units
- Exposure to VE review is highly advantageous
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £65,000 - £75,000 depending on experience + a comprehensive benefits package including: bonus, pmi, pension, travel expenses, 25 days annual leave.