Senior leadership role within world-class Education organisation
Director – UK based, global remit
Our client’s brand is synonymous with high quality products, standards and values across the global education world.
Their goal is to be the leading publisher worldwide within the sector by executing a strategy to develop global and customized school propositions that go further into the life of the teacher, surrounding the curriculum product with professional development, expert and teacher created resources and assessment data and insights that will enable them to be more effective in delivering appropriate learning solutions for all their learners.
An unrelenting focus on teachers and their needs is central to our client’s mission.
Delivering on their goal through a substantial team based in the UK, supported by dedicated field- based sales and marketing teams across the world, our client now seeks a highly experienced Director to lead this team:
- Strategy: Provide strategic leadership in a fast- changing industry to ensure the business continues to fulfil its mission to help people unlock their potential through learning
- Financial: Continue to grow the top line and profitability of the business over the next 3 years by applying rigour and commercial acumen to managing the P&L for the business
- Transformation: Accelerate the shift to digital through digitally- enabled products and services
- Brand: Maximise the impact of the brand
- Business development: Play a leading role in the development of strategic business relationships for the business with key customers and partners
- People: recruit and develop talent to continue to strengthen the teams driving each part of the business
- High-calibre professional with a strong track record in leadership and management
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about Education and have specific experience within the publishing industry
- Demonstrable experience in business development will be highly valued
- Matrix management – experience of influencing and line managing across functional and global matrix would be valued
- Will be accustomed to working in a dynamic, competitive and results-orientated environment with regular travel and a substantial workload
- The candidate must be able to work well with, and develop the trust and respect of, senior colleagues both within the organisation and beyond
You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities, with the energy and dynamism to inspire confidence, combined with entrepreneurial flair and creativity. Collaborative in outlook and approach, you must demonstrate attributes of self-awareness and emotional intelligence in order to get the best from a diverse workforce. You must have proven ability to work effectively across an international organization and possess the drive, ambition and stamina to achieve the growth and profitability potential of the business. As strong communicator, both written and verbal, with good negotiation skills, you must have excellent presentational skills, composure and gravitas.
The closing date for applications is September 4th 2019. To apply, please email Signium UK, providing your CV and covering letter by clicking "Apply" quoting reference 1662 in the subject line.
Apply for Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly