Software Engineering Manager/Head of Software Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded tech team in the role of Software engineering manager/Head of Software Engineering with responsibility for leading development teams across multiple disciplines and locations.
Reporting to the Development Director, the candidate will have previous experience and be passionate about all aspects of web and mobile technology; ensuring high standards are met throughout the development process and to continue to develop a strong innovative and creative culture.
- Responsibility for the leadership and management of 8 development teams
- Ensure continuous improvements across development teams
- Responsible for recruitment and induction of permanent & contract staff when required.
- Inspire teams to attain goals and pursue excellence whilst challenge the status quo
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model
- Keep product teams well informed of development effort and serves as liaison between development, platform and product
- Communicate and enforce coding standards and remain on the forefront of emerging industry best practices
- Undertake appraisals and work on measurable objectives
- Ensure teams consistently deliver high-quality services to our internal and external clients
- Ensure processes are adhered and improved constantly
- Effectively utilise each team member to his/her fullest potential
Candidates will be required to command excellent communication skills, display strong management within a previous agile operation, have a proven ability to develop people and experience working on large scale platforms.
- Experience leading multiple teams in an agile environment.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud technologies.
- Proven track record of building highly scalable systems to serve millions of users.
- Expert knowledge of current industry best-practice as well as emerging technologies and ways of working.
- Experience of a broad range of web programming languages and best-practices.
- SOLID principles and design patterns.
- Collaborative working..
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.