Deputy Chief Executive Officer
2 days left
Our client, the Bermuda Monetary Authority (the “Authority” or “BMA”), regulates Bermuda’s financial services sector. Established by statute in 1969, the Authority is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The BMA exists to protect and enhance Bermuda’s continued reputation and position as a world-class, international financial centre, utilising a team of highly skilled professionals acting in the public interest, to promote financial stability, safeguard Bermuda’s currency, and to provide effective and efficient supervision and regulation.
The Authority’s role has evolved over the years to meet changing needs in the financial services sector. Today, it supervises, regulates and inspects financial institutions operating in the jurisdiction. It also issues Bermuda’s national currency, regulates the Bermuda Stock Exchange, manages exchange control transactions, assists other authorities with the detection and prevention of financial crime, and advises Government on banking and other financial and monetary matters. The BMA takes a risk-based, balanced approach to regulation, to ensure that the jurisdiction delivers effective oversight that meets the requirements of international regulatory standards and is appropriate for the Bermuda market.
The role of Deputy Chief Executive Officer is a new position within the Authority, reporting to the Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer. The role is positioned as Chief Executive Officer “designate” and, subject to Board and other approvals, the incumbent will succeed to the CEO role in January 2022. Working in partnership with the Executive Chairman, the Deputy CEO will be responsible for providing incisive strategic and operational leadership to the BMA, overseeing the day to day running of the Authority, and leading the on-going development and implementation of regulation in Bermuda.
This is an outstanding career opportunity to utilise your executive level experience in financial regulation, or within the regulated sector, to lead the Authority through a period of significant change within the financial services industry and to maintain and build Bermuda’s reputation on the international stage.
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level: an additional qualification, such as Masters’ degree, MBA or Finance/Accounting related designation from a recognised institution or professional body, is required.
- Extensive relevant post graduate experience, of which at least 10 years should be in a senior level management position involving financial regulation, or oversight of financial regulation, either in a regulatory body or within the regulated sector - insurance, banking, fund management and other financial service businesses.
- Experience in corporate decision making as the head of a senior management team, providing clear, balanced advice and guidance on a range of strategic and complex management issues.
- Experience in leading transformational change, within a diverse organization.
- Executive level managerial experience, with strong evidence of people development and team management.
- Demonstrable track record of effective business management across a range of operational functions.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with a wide number of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a firm commitment to lead, motivate, train and develop staff in a team-orientated environment.
- If you are motivated by the opportunity to secure and build upon Bermuda’s success as a leading international financial centre and to play a pivotal role in shaping its future, then we would love to hear from you.
A full job description is available on request.
To apply for the role please use the 'Apply' button to submit your CV and covering letter.
Apply for Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly