7 days left
To lead on the strategic direction of the med/surg division of the organisation
- Proactively manage the supply base to ensure that appropriate relationships and contractual relationships are in place at all times
- Undertake supply market research to ensure that the required participants and products/ services are continually in scope
- Undertake financial analysis to ensure that best value is achieved at all times
- Proactively manage the post-contractual environment to ensure that all terms and conditions are being applied and related benefits secured
- Support the adoption of contracts in all relevant circumstances
- Manage category teams as appropriate to ensure delivery of the above
- Meet business contractual, savings and participation objectives are met on a continual basis. Where these are not being met, provide and deliver a plan to meet said objectives
- Support the development and extension of Procurement Capability across the category team
- To manage risks and conflicts to derive benefits for both public and private customers
- Work with account management colleagues to achieve all contract compliance and uptake targets
- To assume overall responsibility for the creation and execution of the category specific workplan
- Develop and deliver a procurement Strategy across the sourcing activity to deliver the target benefits and financial savings including approving each category managers purchase category strategy and savings plans
- Engage support and agreement for the strategy from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal; promote the effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract
- Establish new processes and systems for effective procurement across sourcing to best practice benchmarks; investigate opportunities for broader savings
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and service on leading practice procurement; take the lead in identification, assessment and management of potential risks associate with differing sourcing strategies; provide insight through the analysis of spend, supply markets and savings
- Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, including technical input to negotiations on strategically significant contracts and negotiation and management of third party service providers
- Develop and agree annual departmental cost savings targets for the annual budget process; develop and agree the annual procurement plan with directors and departmental heads
- Develop a savings reporting mechanism with finance which is understood and accepted by the user departments. Produce regular reports on performance and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings - for forecast and budgets
Ideally you will be MCIPS qualified with significant experience in procurement (Within healthcare or government).
A proven leader with demonstrable experience of achieving savings and key business objectives.
An opportunity to develop a new part of an extremely exciting med/surg division.
To develop a team of category managers and purchasing assistants