Operations Director for a leading supplier of Plant, Access solutions to the construction industry.
Leading the evolution of operational service, People development and profitable growth
A leading supplier of premium Plant and site access solutions to the construction industry working in partnership with some of the biggest names in the construction industry. The client is going through a sustained period of growth creating opportunities for their people to develop and grow.
The successful Operations Director will hold responsibility for managing the overall performance and profitability of the operations. This position will lead and manage all activities related to the operational success of contracts, ensuring that all aspects of the business operate in an efficient and effective manner.
The Operations Director will have a focus on P&L, training and development of their people, Customer SLA's and KPI's, while delivering an agenda of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
The Operations Director will coordinate the internal structure of the Operations Team based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are met consistently.
The Operations Director will establish, maintain and partner an effective relationship with the senior leadership team to achieve shared goals and targets. In addition they will foster excellent customer relationships, and team engagement.
As the successful candidate you will have a proven track record of inspiring operational leadership with a passion for customer service and people development. Experience working in a Construction logistics, Plant hire, Access solutions or vehicle rental environment may be advantageous.
- Degree in Operations Management or Business Field (preferred) or qualified by experience
- Prior Experience in an Operations leadership position (Director or Manager)
- Driven to Achieve Results
- Commercially aware with site start up experience, Budgetary & Expense planning
- Demonstrate strong leadership, management, coaching, business planning, financial analysis, negotiation and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective organisation and project management
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a business environment characterised by complexity, ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong Informed Decision Making, Action Planning, and Prioritisation
- Evidence of partnering with Peers, employees and clients for strategic growth
- Demonstrable expertise in H&S performance & management
- Six Sigma, CPC and IOSH Qualifications will advantageous - however can be trained
The role will pay a competitive basic salary, Profit related bonus and package including Company Car