1 day left
- Sole charge payroll specialist in the Finance team
- Global market leading business
About Our Client
Daikin is a global leader in the manufacture, supply and service of air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment.
Daikin Airconditioning UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Daikin Europe NV. The focus of our business is the sales and distribution of Daikin air conditioning products whilst fully utilising the advantage of our European Group Manufacturing Division. Over 90 years of precision and innovation has helped Daikin build a worldwide reputation for quality and technology.
The philosophy of the business includes a dedication to positive environmental and social policies, the creation of customer value and, internally Daikin have a people-centered management approach based on placing a high value on its staff, pride and enthusiasm.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, the job holder will take ownership of Payroll and support other Finance processes such as Accounts Payable and Expenses along with ad hoc project support
- Develop and communicate payroll policy and procedures to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear for all roles involved in the process, including employees, line managers, HR, Finance and the external payroll bureau
- Work with Finance & HR to oversee and develop payroll input processes and calculations which are accurate and complete, enabling payroll processing to run smoothly for all payroll elements including salary, deductions, allowances, overtime, bonuses, pensions, benefits, expat payments
- Manage monthly payroll processing via the external bureau to ensure timely and accurate payment to employees
- Manage the service provided by the external bureau taking any corrective action where necessary and proactively recommending improvements or efficiencies. Provide technical payroll input on any payroll process or system changes as required
- Monitor changes in payroll legislation and regulations, adapting and communicating internal policy and procedure changes as required
- Manage contact and communication with HMRC and other external regulatory bodies as required. Maintain up to date knowledge of HMRC and other regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Work with international mobility in Belgium to understand and deliver expat payroll needs
- Responsible for entering and maintaining all payroll journal entries to the general ledger and reconciliation of the payroll bank account
- Work with HR to ensure appropriate communication with employees with regards to individual salary and deduction considerations
- Monitor and report on payroll accuracy and errors, identifying and fixing any process or compliance issues
The Successful Applicant:
- Strong payroll experience. Able to build and adapt all payroll processes and manage links with HR, Finance and other internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in other Finance processes such as Accounts Payable and Expenses. Able to support these areas as well as ad hoc project support
- CIPP qualification or similar is desirable
- Solid knowledge of external regulation relevant to payroll and a track record of managing within regulations, particularly HMRC for payroll and benefit taxes
- Able to work accurately and calmly to tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively within a dynamic and changing environment, adapting at short notice where needed
- Resilient character, able to cope with multiple demands
- Team player with strong communication skills and a sense of humour
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14030185Z
Apply for Payroll Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly