Interim Divisional Finance Director
4 days left
Our client is a large scale FMCG business.
An opportunity exists as Interim Divisional Finance Director for a division with revenues of circa £200 million.
- Reporting to the CFO, and member of the Divisional Executive Leadership Team
- Develop and manage a suite of “standard” weekly and periodic reports to support “routine” requirements / decision making
- Provide reactive analysis and reports to support and evaluate ad hoc initiatives & projects
- Production of relevant sales, margin and cost plans and forecasts
- Support the Divisional Directors with reports, information and analysis for key meetings/set pieces with appropriate attendance (self or team) as required
- Ensure appropriate control processes operate for Divisional expenditure
- Provide informed input, challenge and influence to key decisions on pricing, new products, promotions, discounts, communications, and other marketing activities and initiatives
- Provide requisite support for and evaluation of key supplier/contract negotiations
- Provide financial support and challenge to the relationship with third party distribution suppliers and ensure all distribution costs (in-house and third party) are budgeted, reviewed, charged and reported in line with approved terms. Provide other ad hoc / project evaluation and/or analysis work on distribution costs as required
- Engender a consistent approach to analysis including methodology for pre/post reviews, control groups, summary output and presentation style
- Provide appropriate balance of challenge and support to the Trading, Marketing and Operations teams, ensuring that proposed activities will drive profitable growth
- Ensure close links with the wider business to ensure that there is a joined up approach to appropriate activities and minimise risk of duplication
- Development of a team of 17
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Qualified accountant with extensive experience in a senior finance role
- Experience of working in a branded FMCG organisation where effective and profitable management of the portfolio and manufacturing/supply chain is essential.
- Leadership qualities; able to build, motivate, develop and coach a large team
- Proven ability and experience of challenging/influencing senior (up to Board-level) non-finance colleagues
- The ability to transform complex financial analysis into simple to understand summaries for non-finance teams.
- A creative thinker who is able to find analytical solutions to business issues.
- Team player with a positive, flexible, can-do attitude and approach
Start Date: August / early Sept 2019
Duration: circa 6 months
Day Rate: £competitive + expenses
Apply for Interim Divisional Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly