Group Finance Director
Trident Group is an innovative housing provider with over 50 years of delivering homes, services and innovation for up to 8,000 people in over 3,400 homes in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the Midlands.
Employing more than 750 staff and working with over 150 volunteers, the Group has an annual turnover of more than £32m and owns assets close to £170m. With a simplified structure consisting of one housing association (Trident Housing), one charity (Trident Reach) and one commercial vehicle (Trident Star) which is designed to deliver socially-minded business enterprises.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive as a key member of the finance leadership team, you will be responsible for the direction and oversight all financial activities as well as providing leadership and direction across a diverse social business, giving strategic and operations guidance on all financial and funding issues facing the group.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Provide a strategic and commercial overview and leadership of the finance department.
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Group's commercial vehicle.
- Provide support to the Group Chief Executive and other Executive Leads regarding the financial negotiations with government departments, grant making bodies, contract providers, lenders and regulators.
- Lead the development of the financial solution for growth opportunities. Work in conjunction with the Bid teams to create winning opportunities / bids.
- Use financial information to constructively challenge current and potential business activity in order to increase profits and improve efficiencies.
We are looking for a proactive, performance driven individual who can both motivate both individual and teams into delivering the service required. The successful candidate will also be someone who is able to effectively liaise with the Board and stakeholders on financial information, as we strive to deliver our bold ambition as outlined in our Strategic Plan.
- Previous experience at Finance Director level with a proven record and strong commercial acumen.
- Strong and confident communication skills, both orally and in writing, with the ability to interact with senior members of the business.
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work effectively with key stakeholders.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified Account with relevant post experience.
- Experience in key decision making, provided deep commercial insights through your strong, demonstrable analytical/modelling skills
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
Closing date 19/08/2019.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport which will be verified to check your eligibility to work and live in the UK.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and barring service (DBS)