For an outstanding highly reputable digital agency based in Shoreditch, we are currently hiring for an Technical Director to join their amazing team. This company are designing and building awesome digital products, services and experiences that people love. They work on products that truly make a different to the world.
This is a small agency and they have an engineering team of 10.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Technical Director with a strong background in software development management/leadership. You will be responsible for directing the strategic development, management and deployment of software development.
- Ensure application design to manage and maintain data security and integrity.
- Help communication to company management as well as throughout project teams.
- Utilize practices of best-case packaged software release management.
- Lead software development department to disseminate software development atmosphere.
- Mentor senior developers to implement best practices to motivate and organize their teams.
- Prepare schedules, report status as well as make hiring decisions with MD sign-off.
- Ensure to provide proven ability to evaluate and improve software development best practices.
- Provide version control processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness.
- Guide and provide input to all strategic as well as technical planning for various software
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software components.
- Develop 'smart' technology with 'wow' factor for customers and investors
- Uncover and exploit the data that we are collecting
- Improve long-term strategic decisions and the way the company leverages technology
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities associated with creating, testing and delivering software across multiple product streams.
- Prioritize and allocate projects, products, and resources with the assistance of the Product Manager and the senior management team.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive management / leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Extensive experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market.
- Significant experience of development leadership.
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Experience leading Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
Please apply for more information.