Regional Operations Director
Industry: Mechanical Services
Location: North England
The role of the Regional Operations Director will be responsible for the Delivery of Projects across the North of England. Managing and expanding the current Regional Project Management team to ensure that the necessary resources are available to deliver Projects to National clients. This role will have commercial responsibility for the projects team in the North of England including maximising the P&L performance and ensuring robust management of WIP & Debt. The candidate will implement a uniform approach for the delivery of Projects ensuring that all Projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality standards. The Regional Operations Director will manage the appropriate customer relationships for the Projects client organisations providing any necessary escalation points and ensuring that customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to the correct specifications and required quality/industry standards
- Developing, Leading and motivating the Regional Operational delivery team.
- Delivering positive and comprehensive internal and external communication
- Ensuring that all employees have the appropriate skills, knowledge, experience training and qualifications to fulfil their role
- Managing the performance of all direct reports on both a formal and informal basis including employee engagement, motivation, performance and absence management. .
- Developing effective communication and strong client/supplier relationships to aid business development and retention.
- Setting up planning controls covering the full scope of works for all disciplines including the procurement programme, technical proposals, construction method appraisal, value enhancement and risk analysis controls, tender event schedules, design management strategy, project planning and Project Management systems.
- Implement a reporting mechanism for project planning regionally in a way which ensures that key milestones and completion dates are achieved.
- Ensuring effective management controls and relevant business processes are adhered to.
- Agreeing SLA's and measurable KPI's for all projects.
- Ensure the completion of mandatory reports (e.g. progress and combined minutes) for all projects.
- Management of regional supply chain including set up of preferred supplier agreements and subcontractor performance reviews.
- Ensuring adequate resources to deliver projects regionally including the supply chain and appropriate direct labour force to deliver the required volume of work to meet budget and project milestones.
- Monitoring and reviewing project equirements/achievements, identifying issues which may impact on project delivery and escalating these where necessary.
- P&L responsibility for regional projects team. Ensuring that GP levels are maximised on individual projects and across the division.
- Management of WIP to ensure that all applications / accounts are accurate and are issued in a timely manner.
- Act as an escalation for any debt issues working with internal resources and client teams to expedite payment and or resolve any invoice queries.
- Agreeing budgets, commercial and productivity targets for regional delivery teams.
- Ensuring that all health, safety and environmental incidents and complaints are reported and investigated and that action points arising from site safety surveys, audits, accident reports and other recommendations are successfully closed off
- The candidate should have extensive Project Management experience with a proven background in Building Services.
- Have the ability to develop and identify successful M&E technical solutions.
- Hold a valid CSCS card and have relevant H&S qualifications for the position (SMSTS, First Aid etc.)
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and written report writing.
- Good PC skills, including advanced Excel, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Effective managerial skills, including the ability to lead and motivate a team.