Transport / Logistics Advisor
To Apply : Please send an up to date CV together with recent day rate(s) achieved and availability to start a new assignment
Initially a short term diagnostic brief...
This assignment reports to the site MD of this well known manufacturing business who are embarking on an end to end review of their transport operations with a view to bringing about greater efficiency and compliance.
They believe to have kept up with all legal requirements in this area and have enhanced certifications around exporting using the Known Consignor Scheme, but would welcome input from someone with up to date knowledge of best practice in this area, who can also review their health & safety processes.
This is an advisory role, where the focus is around reviewing goods inbound/outbound activities. Map processes and work with the team to identify weaknesses and gaps in this area and make recommendations and determine solutions to enable greater efficiencies, best practice and HSE & legal compliance.
The candidate sought will have the ability to communicate and present findings clearly and succinctly to senior management teams to enable them to the explore options available.
They will have experience of:
- Manufacturing site(s) transport operations, including both inbound and outbound flow of goods and warehousing
- A similar sector that manufactures a range of differently sized goods, from standardised through to bespoke and large-scale capital equipment would be ideal.
- A multiplicity of transport and logistics options, from in-house fleet through to couriers and specialist haulage firms.
- Best practice in HSE and able to make recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
- An understanding of current transport operational legal requirements and how best to apply them to a manufacturing site to ensure compliance.
- Lean / Six Sigma experience and/or qualifications.
To Apply: Please send an up to date CV together with recent day rate(s) achieved and availability to start a new assignment
NB: Due to the speed of this requirement we are unable to reply to individuals via telephone and will only respond to applications made via EA / email