2 days left
Divisional FD role in a listed B2B services group
This market-leading service and distribution group is looking to recruit a commercially astute FD to support the executive board and work closely with the MD to build on the consistent growth achieved in recent years. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding candidate to join a group with a clear growth strategy, an experienced leadership team and a dominant market position.
- Work closely with the MD and leadership team, acting as a commercial and strategic sounding board to ensure the business maintains its profitable growth and market leading reputation for customer service.
- Ensure the finance function is delivering the core financial and commercial support to the Board and operational management team – enable the business to maximise commercial opportunities to improve sales and margins, control costs and manage working capital requirements whilst taking appropriate measures to contain risk.
- Review and drive the continual improvement of existing systems and processes to make sure they are fit for purpose for a business with ambitious growth plans and to withstand the scrutiny of external auditors.
- Lead an experienced finance team, and ensure the function maintains its reputation for supporting the operating businesses and providing accurate and timely reporting to Group.
- A Graduate and qualified accountant ideally with experience in the B2B multi-site service sector gained within corporate or well-disciplined private environments.
- Candidates will be expected to have a strong financial reporting background combined with a deep-seated appreciation and insight of wider commercial operations to ensure the business continues to manage its cost base, maintain service and retention levels and increase overall profitability in what is a very competitive marketplace.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills are essential, combined with high emotional intelligence to engage and build long term trust and respect with the management and finance teams.
- The role is based in Lancashire and requires the FD to be based within commuting distance – candidates from outside the area will be considered on the proviso that they commit to relocating to the region.
If you believe that you have the experience and personality to make this role a success, please contact Patrick Gatenby ACA from the Orcid Partnership by sending your CV together with salary and notice period details to him quoting reference LANCSFD0819.
Apply for Divisional FD
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly