Technical Manager invited to join a bespoke residential developer to get fully involved in preconstruction aspects of the build, and move forward for prompt start on site.
Small bespoke luxury and multiple award-winning 5* residential developer, operating across the Midlands. Developments are truly site specific with house-types developed uniquely for each location, sparing no expense on detail, spec and finish.
This role will report into the Technical Director and have you cover multiple aspects of a Technical Department. Most of the work is outsourced and so you will predominantly be in a coordinating capacity. Whilst you won't be hands on with the production of working drawings, you will be critiquing them as if they were your own, adding value to designs and schemes where applicable.
Example duties include:
- Procure sketch layouts and architectural design solutions
- To apply for and secure planning permission for all architectural design and relevant regulation approval
- To attend design meetings with planning departments to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
- To liaise with external consultants to check all architectural drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability, ensuring deadlines are met
- Complete, approve and formalise the Building Regulation and CFSH applications
- Monitor progress of the Building Regulation and CFSH applications and obtain approval
- Provide architectural and technical support to the site teams, attending site visits and meetings as required throughout build
- The ideal candidate will be a real team player first and foremost - the office truly works as a unit, both in the office and out.
- You will be able to show demonstrable experience working within a residential developer (PLC/private) coming from either and Architectural or Engineering background.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and organise them effectively to receive information meeting deadlines
- Understanding of section agreements and design codes, as well as building regulations for building control
- Valid UK driving licence
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package including company car/car allowance, bonus up to 20%, fuel card 22 days annual leave + Xmas closing.
- Exposure to all preconstruction elements on a residential build.