Solution Architect - SC Cleared
Informed, cost effective, data driven choices need to be made to change the ageing and obsolete technology estate. A Solution Architect, within the Enterprise Design Authority (Technical) is needed to do this.
- EDA design support to Tier1 hybrid hosting (on premise and Cloud)
- EDA design support and assurance of the capabilities under Tier 1 End User Compute
- EDA support to other key Transform & Improve projects
- Development of EDA technical strategies, standards and reference architectures
The Solution Architect will deliver the following:
- Produce the High Level Designs (HLDs) for the NCA's geographic information service (GIS)
- Lead the GIS supply agent through design implementation ensuring that the published API documentation is comprehensive and accurate
- Deliver a gap analysis report for each of the NCA's mapping based applications showing the necessary steps to allow them to consume the new GIS service and documenting all dependencies, risks and costs estimates
- Produce roadmaps with transition states for the convergence of all NCA's mapping based services with the new GIS service
- Produce the HLDs for the digital e-learning and learning management solution
- Produce the technical convergence roadmap for the learning management solution that is in step with the NCA's move to Tier 1 and Cloud based soutions
- Develop the NCA's unified communications approach and roadmap, reflecting the Agency's current technology choices and its need for a more converged IT estate
- Submission of updates to the EDA technical leadership team via standard reporting mechanisms
All deliverables will be produced to a quality standard aligned to industry recognised requirement management practice
All deliverables have been commissioned by and will be presented to the Head of EDA for final approval and acceptance
Skills transfer will be achieved by embedding the contractor within the core business areas so as to develop a collaborative working environment. Product handover schedules will be drawn up to ensure requirements are met, as NCA resources are recruited to the Business Team.
Skills Transfer Plan
The skills and knowledge transfer will occur in a number of ways:
- Creation of blended teams that integrates the less experienced team members with those with more experience to deliver tasks
- Formal team oriented presentations and workshops covering different aspects of architecture
- By ensuring that architectural input to different projects is appropriately documented including rationale and by this documentation being freely available to the wider team
- Embedding the CL staff within the core team so as to develop a collaborative working environment
The successful candidate will be able to deliver what is listed above, giving examples of doing so. Also it is essential that you have, or can attain security clearance.
The spec lists the following.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture methodologies and frameworks and extensive experience of their application
- Broad and up-to-date knowledge of IT capabilities and services including cloud computing, end user computing, on-premise hosting, identity and access management, virtualisation, application development and management, device management, mobility solutions, secure gateways and remote access, management infrastructure and cross-domain solutions
- Experience of technical design and formal review of technical solutions
- Experience of the effective adoption and implementation of IT standards and frameworks
- Proven experience of supervision or first line management
- Experienced in effective decision making
- Experienced in technical architecture and design within planning and project work.Proven experience of developing design artefacts under a number of architecture frameworks e.g. MODAF, DODAF, TOGAF
You will be working on an interesting project, dictating direction, solving complex problems and initiating agendas. The key drive of this role is to change the technology.