Group Financial Controller – FTSE 250
Our client is Assura Group PLC, the FTSE 250 listed market leading investor in GP surgeries and primary healthcare property throughout the UK. With a portfolio comprising in excess of 550 properties with value around £2bn Assura has delivered many years of consistent growth. The UK market remains highly fragmented providing Assura with the opportunity to continue its expansion for the foreseeable future.
As the business continues to expand it now requires a Group Financial Controller with commercial acumen and outstanding communication and relationship building skills.
The Group Financial Controller will lead the efficient and effective financial management of the Group and the creation of a culture of commercial awareness and Operational Excellence. By driving a step change in the efficiency of processes and systems and developing the team’s skills you will enable the provision of outstanding business partnering to the business based on high quality information, insight and productive relationships with all operating functions.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Group Financial Controller will play a vital role in raising commercial awareness throughout the business while managing all aspects of the day-to-day running of the finance function. Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy: Provide strategic support to the Executive Committee and the Board
- Business Partnering: Provide support and insight to decision making regarding acquisitions and developments to the investment committee and also to the property function for day-to-day operations
- Day-to-day financial management: Oversight of financial accounting, external reporting, management accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Systems and processes: provide input into a major project to overhaul and upgrade key systems across the business
- Governance: Ensure regulatory compliance in all financial matters and lead on all internal audit matters
- Leadership: Manage, motivate and develop the finance team of 12
- Other: Key member of the team for major equity and debt raises, supporting the CFO; Manage key external stakeholders of the business; Ad hoc projects as requested by the CFO
- A qualified accountant with astute commercial acumen, a strong grounding in process and control.
- An adept driver of change and business improvement with people and communication skills to support effective delivery; experience of driving change in systems.
- A confident character with excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to provide credible constructive challenge and support to both Board members and business managers across all business functions.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and motivating a team
- PLC experience and experience of working with IFRS are desirable although not essential
- A person who enjoys taking ownership and works to high personal standards of care.
This is an outstanding career opportunity to play a leading role in the ongoing growth of this market leading listed business.