About the Company:
This mid-size, high spec main contractor are part of an up and coming wave of companies that have found excellent success in niche areas of the industry, offering clients industry expertise, professional solutions, and most importantly - results. They mainly work across residential and commercial projects up to £40m, specialising in new build, structural alterations and fit out projects, from brand new, massive super prime residencies, to high spec Cat A & B office fit outs. This business pride themselves on the quality of their work, and this is show by the list of blue chip and wealthy private clients with whom they do repeat business. The founder and board of directors are all industry experts, having come together to start this business from director level roles across top tier main contractors. They stay hands on within the business, having a strong input into all lives projects giving this company a very tight knit, family feel.
The recruitment process for this business is one of meticulous detail, as they only look to take on the very best the industry has to offer. If you're interested in making a move to fast moving, growing, new age main contractor, this business could be the right move.
About the Role:
My client is seeking a well experienced true Project Manager with Cut & Carve Commercial project experience to lead a newly won £8m project in Central London. The project is based in a tricky logistical environment, and will consist of a heavy cut & carve of an existing office building, including groundworks to key elevation, steel frame, curtain walling, and front elevation façade refurbishment and high spec Cat A fit out.
They are seeking a new Project Director with extensive experience in this field to join their team and drive these projects through from pre-con to completion. The role will be as a site based Project Director, reporting into a Divisional Director.
Role and responsibilities of the job include but not limited to include:
- Ultimate responsibility for development and delivery of agreed project specification, programme and budget
- In conjunction with No. 1 Site Manager, monitor and manage all works to ensure quality of workmanship is of the highest standards at all times
- Responsibility for all pricing, programming and contract negotiations
- Responsibility for Design Management
- Negotiation of sub-contract terms and conditions, ensuring all terms are back-to-back with the main contract
- Manage project budget, control margin delivery and submit monthly valuations in conjunction with QS
- Management, control and mitigation of all risk, both contractual and construction related
- Control costs and pro-actively manage project profitability
- Maintain accurate and timely project documentation at all times
- Lead and manage a highly organised, well-motivated and disciplined project team
- Manage and lead relationship with client and client project team to ensure all design information is provided in a timely and efficient manner
- Ultimate responsibility for all site Health & Safety
- Ensure all personnel on site are operating as a fully co-operative, focused team with one
- Assist Directors with business development and securing new project opportunities
About the benefits / rewards:
The salary will be dependent on level of exposure to industry and experience on related projects. The company offers excellent opportunities and offers a basic salary around £95,000 - £110,000. The package will also include various benefits relating to travel, pension and healthcare. This role will offer the opportunity for vertical progression within this growing organisation.
Candidates must have extensive industry experience, directly relating to super prime residential work and must have worked in similar or higher positions in top tier or similarly set up main contractors. They must be easily able to manage motivate their team. They must show the contractual knowledge to identify risks and opportunities with client and subcontractors and have the ability to programme the works and identify key interfaces, risks and opportunities in the construction process. The successful candidate will be able to show length of service in only a handful of previous companies, and will be able to show vision and drive to progress further within this business.
- Stable Background - Only a handful of previous employers
- To be degree qualified in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Hands on approach and can do attitude
- Experienced in setting up and running similar projects
- Experience of Design Management
- Understanding of funding and financing routes
- Experience of working in large organisations
- Proactive in learning with ability to influence others
- A good communicator, able to interact with clients in a positive engaging manner
- A team player