Interim Finance Director / Senior Finance Business Partner - IT
Assignment: Interim Finance Director / Senior Finance Business Partner - IT
Day Rate: c.£800 per day
Start Date: August 19
- (with an understanding of existing holiday commitments)
Term: 6 months+
Location: Central London
£5bn t/o UK Corporate
Background of Assignment
Reporting into the Group CIO of a major corporate that's head quartered in Central London, you will be tasked with taking ownership of the Internal IT Division, acting as a trusted finance business partner to the Group CIO and supporting their delivery of the Group's IT Transformation/Change-Agenda. Supported by a small team, you will take full financial responsibility of IT Function, with a heavy focus on the projects/programmes that are in-flight, planned for remainder of 2019 and those due to commence in 2020.
- Install/develop the financial controls, processes, governance and compliance across the IT Function and related projects/programmes
- Evaluate the 5-Year Cost Strategy/Investment Plan, create a budget/forecasting process that can be used to track performance, measure ROI and enable the Exec to make informed decisions
- Support the Group's wider change programmes, helping the business track these initiatives, control the budgets and ensure the benefits gained
- Provide ad-hoc business-case/capital investment review
- Help develop the data-analytics capability across the group and help capture the relevant information, which can lead to a re-charge/depreciation to the respective business areas
- Work closely with the functional management teams, along with operational management teams across the wider Group, helping to educate them on financial cost, developing their awareness and overall actions when it comes to IT capex investment
- Help develop your team, apply the same principles/way of thinking outlined above and enable them to become cultural ambassadors
This role would suit an experienced finance director/finance business partner, who has specifically operated as the FD of an Internal IT Function for a large, complex organisation of similar scale and complexity to the client's profile outlined above.
- Qualified Accountant, with a strong background in technical/financial reporting, compliance, controls and governance
- A successful track record of delivering finance/IT transformation programmes.
- Have worked in large, complex organisations, made up of autonomous businesses ranging from £100m to £1bn revenues
- If you have directly partnered/supported a Group CIO or they've been your main sponsor, this would be advantageous
- Commerce and Industry is preferred.
- Immediately Available (with an understanding of existing holiday commitments)
For more information, please contact Will Nash.