7 days left
Our Client is a subsidiary of a large manufacturing group.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly candidate manufacturing Finance Director to work closely with the leadership team to optimize business performance.
Main Purpose of Role:
To manage the finance accounting operations of the Group.
Meeting Plc reporting and compliance requirements and to form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Executives and Non-Executives.
- Provide leadership to the business and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company's accounting function.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Develop and control the company's annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company's managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company.
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations.
- Any other ad-hoc duties when required by the business.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to manage all aspects of the financial function and to achieve required outcomes within defined reporting timescales
- Good people management skills to effectively organise work requirements of the financial team and to lead and motivate all members of the team
- Effective operating style to support and influence profit performance through all areas of the business
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Previous experience Sage Payroll 50 and SAP/ERP systems
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- A team player with a pleasant and affable personality
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA