Non-Executive Director - Soft FM
7 days left
Post:Non-Executive Director - Independent Soft FM Business
(18-24 days per annum consisting of average 12 Board Meetings per year plus preparation and ad-hoc days)
Renumeration:£750-day rate plus expensed travel & overnight accommodation where needed
Responsible to: Chairperson
Overview: Now in their sixth year of trading, our client has seen year on year growth taking their turnover to over £20 million. The employ 1600 staff to deliver cleaning, catering & property services to a multitude of public & private sector clients throughout the north of England. With a simple vision "to be the biggest independent soft FM provider in the north of England", these are exciting times. Working with an engaged and motivated board our client is looking to add a depth of experience to their board with this appointment. They are looking to appoint an experienced industry leader who has a good network of contacts with experience of developing commercial opportunities & identifying acquisition opportunities.
- To bring experience, contacts and existing relationships in the cleaning sector and soft services (catering/property services sectors experience is desirable).
- To operate effectively as part of the Board, providing independent objective insight, to enable the Board of Directors to fulfil their responsibilities for overall governance and direction on issues of strategy, performance and resources including key appointments and standards of conduct.
- To provide strong leadership.
- To identify and advise upon new challenges, initiatives and market opportunities.
- To develop and refocus strategic plans.
- To support the development of the organisation's culture in line with company values.
- To demonstrate a genuine understanding and commitment to the promotion and delivery of facilities management services.
- To ensure that our client operates in a transparent and ethical manner.
- To ensure that our client operates profitably.
- Constructively challenge and help develop proposals on strategy.
- Scrutinise the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives.
- Monitor the reporting of performance.
- Ensure integrity of financial information.
- Ensure financial controls and systems of risk assessment are robust and defensible.
- Determine appropriate remuneration of Executive Directors (via the Remuneration Committee).
- Involvement in the appointment, removal and succession planning of Executive Directors.
- Attendance at Board Meetings and other dates as required.
- Interaction with shareholder as required.
- Chair or support appeal hearings in relation to issues affecting senior level employees.
- Demonstrate due skill, care and good faith in exercising fiduciary responsibility.
- Act within powers set out in the company's memorandum of association.
- Promote success of the company.
- Exercise independent judgement.
- Exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Do not accept benefits from third parties.
- Declare interests in proposed transactions or arrangements.
- High ethical standards.
- Sound judgement.
- Willingness to challenge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of how conflict occurs and how to deal with it effectively.
- Leadership and self-awareness, ability to gain respect, influence, challenge and inspire.
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategic awareness.
- Business acumen, ability to identify new business opportunities.
- Strategic planning, risk management and high-performance management.
- Financial and statistical analysis knowledge and experience.
- Forward perspective, willingness to embrace change and innovation.
- Inquiring and inquisitive mind - with an ability to assimilate, assess and analyse information, especially financial information.
- Co-operation and teamworking.
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to take the wider, strategic view.
- Political astuteness and ability to play the 'diplomat'.
- Determination, with the tenacity and drive to succeed.
- Keenness to gain new knowledge and skills to develop competences further.
- Ability to identify potential problems and deal with risk.
- Extensive experience within soft facilities management sectors (cleaning/catering/property services).
- Extensive management experience at 'Board' or very senior level in a complex B2B corporate environment
- Experience of developing and implementing growth programmes.
- Strategic thinker and planner, showing an understanding of and responsiveness to the needs of the business and its users.
- Inspirational/motivational leader, able to motivate, inspire and empower others, by example.
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach, able to conceive, develop and implement new initiatives, and manage change.
For further details
Contact Managing Consultant Mark Connor for a confidential discussion.